After the huge success of Google’s last year’s flagship devices Pixel and pixel XL worldwide with its superb camera and performance, people had huge expectations for Pixel 2. And yes Google is ready for a comeback with Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL and upgraded Pixel launcher for a better Overall experience. Google launched Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL earlier this month that on October 4th. So if you are looking for a flagship than this can be a good choice for you. Here is an overview:-
Pixel and pixel 2 both are powered with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and water-resistant body with IP67 protection. Both the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL come with 4 GB of ram and same old12.2MP rear camera, with 1.4μm pixels and f/1.8 aperture.
Read also – Top 7 Smart Tips to Buy New Smartphone
Google now upgraded old Electronic image stabilization to Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) which makes its camera to rank on top. While other brands were trying to upgrade their camera performance by adding another camera. Google decided to stick with a single cam and make it more efficient than ever before.
Read also – The iPhone 8 is having all the aces this time?
We can still spot Bezels in front of Pixel 2 and XL (diminutive bezels) because of the addition of fantastic dual front-facing speakers and the headphone jack is removed.
The pixel 2 XL is not much different from the Pixel 2; the main differences are in display and battery. Pixel 2 has a 5-inch FHD 1080p OLED screen (16:9) and a 2700mAh battery whereas the larger Pixel 2 comes with 6 inchQHD+ 2880×1440 pOLED screen (18:9) with diminutive bezels and a 3520mAh battery.
Both Pixels come with built-in eSIM for Project Fi without the use of any carrier’s SIM card. They have the fingerprint sensor and are a complete package of all the sensors ever required.
As Google first launched Its Pixel with Google UI and optimised Google UI, they again redesigned the pixel launcher with the search bar at the bottom and other improvements. And yes, Pixel 2 devices come with latest Android Oreo v8.0.0 and is guaranteed for prior future updates for 3 years, after all, it’s from Google!
Squeeze for Assistance:-
One of the best digital personal assistants, the Google assistant is improving day by day and in Pixel devices, it comes deeply integrated. And in the new Pixel 2 you can access the Google assistant with just a squeeze, that is, you can just squeeze your phone instead of saying OK Google to access the Google Assistant.
Here is the chart of complete Google Pixel 2 specifications to make it clear:-
|Category||Pixel 2||Pixel 2 XL|
|Operating System||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
Gorilla Glass 5
2.5D glass, 441ppi
95% DCI-P3 colour space
Gorilla Glass 5
3D glass, 538ppi
100% DCI-P3 color space
|Operating System||Android 8.0 with Google UI||Android 8.0 with Google UI|
|Front camera||8MP, 1.4μm pixels
f/2.4, fixed focus
|8MP, 1.4μm pixels
f/2.4, fixed focus
|Rear Camera||12.2MP f/1.8
|Video||4K at 30fps
1080p at 120fps
|4K at 30fps
1080p at 120fps
|Connectivity||USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.0||USB Type-C, Bluetooth 5.0|
|Charging||USB-PD, 18W rapid Charging||USB-PD, 18W rapid Charging|
|Storage||64 / 128GB||64 / 128GB|
|Black & White
|Other features||Active Edge sides
|Active Edge sides eSIM|
|Dimensions||145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm||157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm|
|Weight||143 g||175 g|
Read also – Samsung Note 8 a Great Smartphone in Make?
Pros and Cons:-
- Outstanding primary and secondary camera (Highest rated smartphone camera ever!).
- Autofocus with laser
- Dual pixel phase detection
- Optical image stabilization (OIS)
- Loud and distortion free stereo speakers.
- A much wider f/1.8 aperture for the camera.
- Neat and clean FHD AMOLED display.
- Name that tune- Pixel 2 automatically catches what song is being played around so that you can know.
- IP67 certified – dust and water resistant (Water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes).
- A lagfreesuperfast performance with stock Android and Google UI.
- Pixel 2 can be squeezed on the sides to Access the Google Assistant
- Display protected with the hard Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Fast battery charging.
- Fast charging (from zero % to twenty-five % in 15 minutes).
- Deeply Integrated Google Assistant support which is even better than Siri.
- Very Very fast and responsive touch for better Feel.
- Prior and guaranteed update support directly from Google itself.
- The Devices are compatible for daydream VR that makes it future resistant.
- Metal and Glass Unibody Device.
- Unlimited Google cloud storage for photos and Videos even if they are in 4K.
- The Quality and feel is premium as we have seen earlier in Pixel last year.
- Video stabilization is better than ever seen in any device making it highest rated Camera.
The 3.5mm audio jack is removed (sad).
- Bezels on Smaller Pixel 2 are huge, looks weird in 2k17.
- They used IP67 instead of IP68.
- The design not so new and is still retro (personal view).
- There is no memory card extension supported.
- They are a little overpriced and the price starts from $649.
- For more storage, you have to pay huge bucks.
- No FM radio without internet.
- The battery is non-removable.
- No dual SIM version is available.
- Huge bezel size with 67.9% screen to body ratio.
- The display is dim in bright.
- Wireless Charging support could have been appreciated.
- Still, a dual camera would have taken it to another level.
So as we all know Pixel came with a huge blast into the market and made a good impression on us with its stunning camera and royal feel. We expect the same from the Pixel 2 devices and after all, it’s from GoogleJ. So yes you can blindly go with Pixel 2 if you are looking for a perfect flagship with an excellent camera and premium design and guaranteed prior future updates from Google for next 3 years and even more.
Read also – Top 9 Special Gadgets that make Life Easy