Atal Pension Yojana is a backed scheme started by the government of India in 2015 at the budget speech by finance minister Arun Jaitley. It targeted the unorganized sector and formally launched on 9th May 2015 in Kolkata by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The Atal Pension Scheme is a pension scheme for the low cost. This pension has been launched to economically protect the person working in the unorganized and small sector. If you are worried about living in old age, then this plan can be a source of your old age.
Read also – कृषि वानिकी सब-मिशन योजना राजस्थान में
In the Atal Pension Yojana, not only you can be entitled to a higher pension every month by depositing lesser amount, but in case of premature death, you can also benefit your family. According to the declaration of the government, any person between the ages of 18 to 40 years can join this scheme. According to the government, age and the amount of pension you want to take every month, accordingly there is a clear policy to deposit money every month.
For example, if you want a pension of 1000 rupees per month and you are 18 years of age, you will have to deposit 42 rupees every month for 42 years. For those who are 40 years old will have to deposit 291 rupees for 20 years every month. If the person applying for a pension of Rs 1000 rupees dies, then his nominated heirs will be paid 1.7 lakh rupees. Similarly, for the pension seekers of 2000, 3000, 4000, or maximum 5000 rupees, the premium per month should be paid accordingly.
Read also – कृषि प्रसंस्करण व विपणन योजना राजस्थान में
If you are currently 30 years old and want to get a pension of Rs 5000 every month, you will have to deposit 577 rupees per month for 30 years. If such person dies, then their nominated heirs will get Rs 8.5 lakhs.
The Atal Pension Yojana is for people aged 18 to 40 years. Whatever your age is in this radius, you must submit pension premium every month at the age of 60 years. After which for the pension amount you have deposited money in your account, you will start getting monthly.
Read also – सोलर पम्प परियोजना एवं अनुदान राजस्थान में
Benefits in old age
At this present time with Internet and E-commerce growing heavily, you can easily buy anything from anywhere even if you are from India, you can still buy from UK. But what happens when you grow old and don’t have your income sources anymore. To save you from a condition like that, you can join this scheme – then you will not have to depend on anyone else in old age. This scheme is very beneficial for poor and middle-class people. This Atal Pension Yojana is beneficial for economically weaker people, people who earn less money or earn irregular money.
Read also – मत्स्य पालन योजना एवं अनुदान राजस्थान में
Important information related to the Atal Pension Yojana.
- Anyone from 18 to 40 years can join this scheme
- If you join this scheme, when you are 60 years of age, you will start getting the monthly pension.
- You need to have Aadhaar card to join the Atal Pension Scheme. But if you do not have the Aadhaar card yet, you can give your Aadhaar number to the bank within a certain time limit of joining the scheme.
- Well, people who pay income tax, who have government jobs or who are taking advantage of schemes like EPF, EPS. Those people cannot join the Atal Pension Scheme.
- People who have opened their accounts in an old scheme “Sujabalamban Yojna” of the Government of India. The people themselves will be linked to the Atal Pension Yojana.
- 5 amount of pension is available in this scheme – 1000,2000,3000,4000 and 5000. You have to choose how much monthly pension you want to get after 60 years.
Read also – सूक्ष्म सिंचाई योजना एवं अनुदान राजस्थान में
If you are 18 and you and you want to get 1000 monthly pension after 60 years, then you have to deposit 42 rupees every month. In the same way, you are 18 years old and if you want to get 5000 monthly pensions after 60 years, then you have to deposit 210 rupees every month. In this way, according to the amount of age and pension, different people will have to pay different monthly premiums.
- It is very easy to deposit monthly premiums in the Atal Pension Scheme. There should be money in your bank account; the amount of the premium itself goes to the Atal Pension Scheme from your bank account on a fixed date. Because of this, you do not have to go to the bank repeatedly to deposit monthly premium after joining the scheme.
- To register for the Atal Pension Scheme, every account holder will have to fill in the authorization form and submit it to his bank. In this form, the details of the account number, life partner and nominee will be written out.
Read also – राजस्थान में महिला कल्याण की महत्वपूर्ण योजनाएं